The street photography awards 2012
The International Street Photography Award is looking for exceptional international photographers that display a unique style and depth of
work in the genre of street photography. The genre crosses over into portraiture, documentary and art photography (see the 2011 finalists
for inspiration and a guide to what defines street photography).
What is street photography?:
The London Street Photography Festival defines Street Photography as:
“Candid photography which captures, explores or questions contemporary society and the relationships between individuals and their surroundings.”
PRIZES & CATEGORIES
The international winner will receive £2,000 cash PLUS a solo exhibition in London PLUS an all-expenses paid trip to the exhibition
launch and awards ceremony in London in June 2012 – total value £10,000. Selected finalists will be exhibited in the same gallery and
one image from each entrant will be showcased in a digital display.
The first 500 applicants will be automatically entered into a draw to win some fabulous prizes including: a signed print from one of the
2011 exhibitions, an Olympus PEN camera, £100 Blurb voucher, a Crumpler Muffin Top camera bag, photo-books by Magnum and Thames &
Hudson. Categories include an overall winner, a runner up, and 10 finalists.
• Participants from certain countries receive a 50% discount on the entrance fee.
• You can submit between 5 and 8 images within the fee.
• One image from ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS will be displayed on a large screen during the Awards exhibition and profiled (optional) on the
• ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS who enter will receive a £28.95 voucher to print their own book with Blurb, which expires on 31 March 2012.
• FEEDBACK: For an additional £15, LSPF can provide written feedback by an Award judge on your submissions. Choose the “Written
Feedback” drop down when you submit your images to the Awards.
05 January 2012